I was thinking about making my own veggie burgers, vegan and gluten free too. So I took:
- 1/2 cup cooked pinto beans
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup (roughly) tahini (sesame butter)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- Spices, cumin, garlic, turmeric.(anything else your little heart and taste buds desire)
- Mush it together real good and form patties.
- Cook over medium heat till brown or you lose patience and want to try then out..
I fixed them , fried them in a non stick skillet. They might brown better using some oil.
Anyway, they were pretty good. I might switch up the legume, using black beans. If I used garbanzo beans, it would pretty much be a falafel.
But the idea of spending money for frozen veggie burgers is over. I can make my own.
Power To The People!
I use a pressure cooker, Fagor Lux Multicooker, to be exact. It greatly expedites the cooking of dried beans, (all types) and grains like quinoa. You don’t need one, but it sure helps.